Terms & Conditions.
Terms and Conditions
These Terms and Conditions apply to all transactions between us and yourself. They do not affect your statutory rights. Please read them carefully.
We may update these Terms and Conditions at any time. Any changes will take effect on the date they are posted on our website (www.acfa.co.uk) which may include images or updates to products or services.
These Terms and Conditions are governed by English law and are subject to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts. We do not accept amendments to these Terms and Conditions.
Failure by us to enforce any of these Terms and Conditions will not affect our right to enforce the rest of these terms and conditions.
This site is provided by Andross Co. Financial Accountants, a limited liability company incorporated in England (number 11122109) whose registered office is at 1E Mentmore Terrace, London, E8 3DQ. We can also be contacted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by using the “Contact” form. As a member firm of the Association of Accounting Technicians in England and Wales (“AAT”), Andross Co. Financial Accountants is subject to the AAT’s Code of Ethics.
Except where expressly stated otherwise, all right, title, and interest in and to the Website and all Content, source code, processes, designs, technologies, URLs, domain names, marks, and logos forming any part of the Website (collectively, “Our Content”) are (a) fully vested in us or our suppliers and (b) protected by applicable copyrights, trademarks, patents, or other proprietary rights and laws.
You agree that access and use of Our Content is subject to these Terms, including the disclaimers and limitations of liability herein. Nothing in your use of the Website or these Terms grants you any right, title or interest in or to Our Content except the limited right to use the Website as set out in these Terms. Unless otherwise expressly authorised by us in writing, you agree not to:
– copy, modify, deep link, rent, lease, loan, sell, assign, sublicense, grant a security interest in or otherwise transfer any right or interest in Our Content;
– remove any proprietary notices or labels on or in Our Content; or
– allow any other person or entity to engage in any of the foregoing.
You represent and warrant that you have all rights necessary to grant the licenses referred to in these Terms. You further represent and warrant that your Submissions are (a) complete and accurate and (b) are not fraudulent, tortious, or otherwise in violation of any applicable law or any right of any third party. You irrevocably waive any “moral rights” or other rights with respect to attribution of authorship or integrity of materials regarding each Submission that you may have under any applicable law under any legal theory.
We do not claim ownership of your Submissions; however, you agree that by posting, uploading, inputting, providing, submitting, entering, or otherwise transmitting your Submissions to us or any third party using the Website:
1. You have thereby granted us a royalty-free, non-exclusive, worldwide, fully paid-up, perpetual, irrevocable, transferable and fully sublicensable (through multiple tiers) license, without additional consideration to you or any third party, to reproduce, distribute, perform, and display (publicly or otherwise), create derivative works of, adapt, modify and otherwise use, analyse, exploit and practice any comment or submission, in any format or media now known or hereafter developed, and for any purpose (including promotional purposes, such as testimonials);
2. You confirm, represent and warrant to us that you have all rights, titles and interests, as well as the power and authority necessary, to grant the license to your Submissions set out above;
3. You acknowledge and agree that the technical processing and transmission of the Website, including your Submissions, may involve transmissions over various networks and changes to conform and adapt to technical requirements of connecting networks or devices, and that your Submissions may be subject to “caching” or other technical processing or transmission policies and procedures by us or at intermediate locations on the Internet.
Compliance and Complaints
We do not have any obligation to censor or review any of your Submissions, to censor or review any Third-Party Content, or to monitor use of the Website. However, you agree that we may, without notice or liability, disclose to third parties any of your information or your Submissions; monitor use of the Website; and monitor, review, and retain your Submissions if we believe in good faith that such activity is reasonably necessary to provide the Website to customers, monitor adherence to or enforce these Terms, comply with any laws or regulations, respond to any allegation of illegal conduct or claimed violation of third party rights, or protect us or others.
If we receive a complaint relating to your use of the Website, you acknowledge and agree that we may, in our sole and absolute discretion and without notice or liability, investigate the complaint, restrict, suspend or terminate any service involved, and/or remove your Submissions from our servers.
The Website may contain links to Website and other materials made available by third parties (collectively, “Third Party Content”). If you use such functionality, you are directing us to access, route and transmit to you the applicable Third Party Content.
Third Party Content may be protected by applicable copyrights, trademarks, patents, trade secrets or other proprietary rights and laws. Nothing in your use of the Website or these Terms grants you any right, title or interest in or to this Third Party Content except for the limited right to use the Website as set out in these Terms. We neither control nor endorse, nor are responsible for, any Third Party Content and we make no representations or warranties with respect to them. The availability of any Third Party Content through the Website does not imply the endorsement of, or affiliation with, any provider of such Website or materials. Your use of any Third Party Content is at your own risk and is subject to any terms, conditions and policies applicable to them (such as terms of service or privacy policies of the providers of the Third Party Content).
Trade and Service Marks
You may not use the “Andross Co. Financial Accountants” or “ACFA UK” trade names, trademarks, service marks, logos or designs, or any other mark held by Andross Co. Financial Accountants, in connection with any product or service that is not of any ACFA Member Firm nor in any manner that is likely to cause confusion. Nothing contained on the Website should be construed as granting any right to use any trade names, trademarks, service marks, logos or designs without the express prior written consent of the owner.
You will use the Website only for lawful purposes. If at any time you become aware of any violation, by any person or entity, of any part of these Terms, you will immediately notify us via this contact form and provide us with assistance, as requested, to stop or remedy such violation.
In using the Website, you must not do any of the following:
– Post, transmit or otherwise make available through the Website any materials that are or may be: (a) threatening, harassing, degrading, hateful or intimidating, or otherwise fail to respect the rights and dignity of others; (b) defamatory, libellous, fraudulent or otherwise tortious; (c) obscene, indecent, pornographic or otherwise objectionable; or (d) potentially harmful or invasive or intended to damage or hijack the operation of, or to monitor the use of, any hardware, software or equipment, such as a virus, worm, Trojan horse, Easter Egg, time bomb, spyware or other computer code, file or program (each, a “Virus”).
– Post, transmit, or otherwise make available through the Website any material protected by copyright, trademark, trade secret, right of publicity or privacy or any other proprietary right, without the express prior written consent of the applicable owner.
– Use the Website for any commercial purpose
– Use the Website for any purpose that is fraudulent or otherwise tortious or unlawful.
– Interfere with or disrupt the operation of the Website or the servers or networks used to make the Website available, including by hacking or defacing any portion of any of the Website; or violate any requirement, procedure or policy of such servers or networks.
– Restrict or inhibit any other person from using the Website.
– Create or share content without first obtaining any necessary permissions from third parties or otherwise use the Website to post or transmit any information that you do not have the right to provide; that would violate any applicable law or regulation; or that would violate, infringe or misappropriate any third party right or interest.
– Reproduce, modify, adapt, translate, create derivative works of, sell, rent, lease, loan, timeshare, distribute or otherwise exploit any portion of (or any use of) the Website except as expressly authorised herein, without ACFA’s express prior written consent.
– Reverse engineer, decompile or disassemble any portion of any of the Website, except where such restriction is expressly prohibited by applicable law.
– Remove or alter any copyright, trademark or other proprietary rights notice on the Website or content you access via the Website.
– Frame or mirror any portion of the Website, or otherwise incorporate any portion of the Website into any product or service, without ACFA’s express prior written consent.
– Systematically download and store Website’ content.
– Use any robot, spider, Website search/retrieval application or other manual or automatic device to (a) retrieve, index, “scrape,” “data mine” or otherwise gather content from the Website, (b) reproduce or circumvent the navigational structure or presentation of the Website, or (c) Harvest or collect information about users of the Website without ACFA’s express prior written consent.
If you do not comply with these Terms (or if we have reasonable grounds to suspect or are investigating suspected non-compliance), we may suspend your access to the Website or take any other steps we consider appropriate.
We may monitor use of the Website from time to time but have no obligation to do so. If and when we do monitor your use of one or more of the Website, we will do so in accordance with applicable law.
Submissions, including Comments and Feedback
The Website may contain functionality that permits you to comment on articles; share materials; provide ideas, proposals, suggestions (“Feedback”); or otherwise make available certain materials through or in connection with your use of the Website (collectively, “Submissions”). If you choose to make publicly available any of your personally identifiable or other information through the Website (for example through posting a comment or other form of Submission), you do so at your own risk. You will also comply with all relevant requirements set out in these Terms when making a submission. You acknowledge and agree that your Submissions are not confidential; that your provision of Submissions is gratuitous, unsolicited and without restriction; and that the provision of any Submission does not place ACFA under any fiduciary or other obligation. We may (but have no obligation to) monitor, evaluate, alter or remove Submissions before or after they appear on the site; however, we have no control over and are not responsible for any use or misuse (including any distribution) by any third party of Submissions.
About the Website
The Website provide information about ACFA UK, including thought leadership and the services and products we provide.
References to “the Website,” “the Website”, and “www.acfa.co.uk” include all software, content and features provided within the relevant Website(s).
The Website offer a range of interactive features, such as access to premium and personalised content, user profiles, reading lists, commenting and other publicly accessible collaborative features. We may add other features from time to time.
Certain features are available only to Registered Users. For more information about registration, please see the Registration section of these Terms.
These Terms and Conditions (“Terms”) apply to www.acfa.co.uk (the “Website”).
Please read these Terms carefully as they contain important information regarding your legal rights, remedies and obligations with respect to your use of the Website, including but not limited to various limitations, exclusions, and indemnities.
By accessing or using the Website, and the content and services available via the Website, you signify that you have read, understand and agree to be bound by these Terms in all respects with respect to the Website. If you are not willing to be bound by each and every term or condition, or if any representation made herein by you is not true, you may not use, and must cease using, the Website.
As used in these Terms and the Website, ACFA, us, and we refer to the ACFA network and/or one or more of its Member Firms. Each Member Firm in the ACFA network is a separate legal entity. For further details, please see www.acfa.co.uk/alumni.
Changes to and availability of the Website
The Website are made available on an “as is” basis with no representation or warranty with respect to their functionality or availability and with no guarantee that they are complete, accurate, or timely nor any guarantee regarding any results you or others may obtain from their use. Access to all or parts of any of the Website may be suspended at any time without notice.
Informational purposes only
The Website and content available within them is for informational purposes only. Neither the Website nor the content available within them constitutes professional advice, and neither should be relied upon by you or any third party, including for example to operate or promote your business, secure financing or capital in any form, obtain any regulatory or governmental approvals, or otherwise to procure services or other benefits from any entity. Before making any decision or taking any action, you should consult with professional advisers.